Tuesday, September 16

My knack for coupons

I have a odd knack for finding coupons (like my shopping trip last Sunday that I got 71.81dollars worth of food for 28.12) and most people think it is luck. It isn't. I just know where to find them and how to get them. And guess what, I am going to share with you how I get them.

It starts with figuring out what products my family needs/likes to have and visiting the website for the manufacture. Many of these sites have a sign up for deals and coupons right to your mailbox or email. I love this. They are also usually for a dollar or more off and sometimes even for free! These are usually the BEST coupons for the most off. They usually also send you major coupons before they introduce a new product so even if you don't use the product all that often, signing up might be worth it. Also coupons are the first part of the ad campaign so you might be able to do a double whammy with the item being half off and having a coupon for a dollar more off!

Also remember to go to your favorite grocery store websites and see if they will send you coupons (Publix baby club does and you can also find Target coupons). These coupons will most likely be good only in the store in question and the store brand but that is better than nothing.

Sometimes you can also google search for coupons. I usually don't find very good coupons this way but I also have a linix box (which means I can't download the software for most of the online coupon sites).

Anyway, that works for me!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hi, my name is Katie and I, too, am a couponaholic. Last weekend I was at the grocery store and saw a (good) coupon in the parking lot and picked it up like it was money! You have some great tips!

I'm having a 100 coupon giveaway right now over at my blog, if you're interested! :)

Unknown said...

another (former) coupon queen here.

back in the late 1970's (1978) and early 1980's, inflation was rampant, and i used coupons to manage my food bills.

At the time i was a SAHM, and couponing was part of my household work.

Once, i got $100 worth of groceries for $2--including milk, eggs, meat (ground beef) and vegetables...(and other staples like paper towels, toilet paper, detergent.)

I still use coupons, but my life has changed and i don't make the same effort now.

Mom2fur said...

I love couponing! It's really a lot of fun.
I've written to manufacturer's to tell them how much I like their product, and have gotten coupons that way, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

The coupon tips are great. I find fewer and fewer in the paper for things I actually buy (at least food wise), and the other coupons are pitiful. I'll have to try some manufacturer sign ups!

Mom2fur said...

Hi, again! I actually wrote them snail-mail. I think e-mail would work, too. But in this day and age of everything being electronic, a letter held in the hand makes a pretty big impact, don't you think?
BTW, I hit the Pillsbury site and printed out a whole sloo of coupons! Thanks for reminding me to do that.